July Favorites 2014: Mostly Lip Products
So in the summer I don't wear as much makeup as I do during the school year. Usually I just put maybe a lip product on (hence all the lip favorites) but for the days that I have done a full face of makeup there are a few things that stood out to me then.
Here is a little overview of everything...
- NYX HD concealer wand in porcelain. It is the lightest palest concealer I have found, even lighter than mac NC15. It does last a fairly long time but can fade away by the end of the day, I mostly love the color of it.
- The cream blush in the background is also from nyx. It is in the shade "natural" and it does blend into the cheeks and look dewy and natural. Also it makes a great base to make powder blush last longer
- The brush I use to apply the cream blush is the Real Techniques Stippling brush and it just is like 100x better than the elf one....It is denser and larger and it just seems to blend better and not leave any brush marks.
- Mac Fleshpot Lipstick. The lightest most nude lipstick from mac, if you are the lightest shade in every foundation then this might be your "perfect nude" as well. It wears well, not too drying, and you can just dab a bit on so it isn't too intense if that is what you prefer.
- Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in "Cannes Crush". A bright coral that can be sheer or built up brighter. It wears well and does slightly stain but not too much. It feels soo wonderful and cooling and this particular shade has no glitter.
- Mac Creamcup Lipstick. This is probably the most used everyday pinky-nude lipstick for a lot of people. It is very lovely and a great color. I find it can make the dryness on my lips look worse than it is but the creamy formula does feel comfortable.
- L'oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire in "Fuchsia Orchestra". A bright fuschia that you can put on and blot off to wear as a lip stain or just use as a full on glossy liquid lipstick. It is a lovely formula that glides on and smoothes the lips.
- Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched. This is just a clear lip balm but it smells nice and moisturizes. I hated the peach baby lips and was turned off by them but this one has spf and I wanted to try it for the summer alone or as a base for other lip products.
Hope you enjoyed my couple days late July Favorites. I can't believe we are already in August....hopefully my new vanity and room set up will be finished this week but I can't garuntee anything.