ColourPop Super Shock Shadows: Review & Swatches
If you are anything like me, then you don't always believe the hype around products. These shadows have been all over social media and youtube, with no bad reviews, so I knew I had to try them. Each shadow retails for $5 on the colourpop website, and for the time being they are only available there.
I purchased four individual shades, but they can also be bought in sets for the same price.
Each time you purchase from them they give you a tip sheet, in case you are unsure how to use their products. They suggest using your fingertips rather than a brush, and that you must seal the containers tight since they are not a traditional shadow (this also means you cannot depot them!).
Each shadows comes in it's own little box,
and the product contains .21g/ .07 oz.
Starting at the top, going clockwise:
Cricket, I heart this, Hammered, So Quiche
"A soft olive with a highly reflective gold and pink violet glittery duo chrome"
So Quiche Swatch
"smoky olive with tons of gold glitter and a soft sprinkle of multi-colored sparkles"
I heart this:
"Cool-toned silvery taupe with multi-coloured glitter"
I heart this Swatch
"A smoky mid-tone plum with warm and cool highlights of soft glitter"
Different lighting: So Quiche, Hammered, I heart this, and Cricket
- Range of finished I just happened to choose all metallic. They have metallic, pearlized, pressed pigments (neon colors), satin (not quite matte), tie dye (swirl of colors), ultra-metallic, and matte finishes
- All shades are equally pigmented and intense
- My personal favorite way to wear these is as a pop of color on the lower lashline
- The texture is very unique, most similar is the elf long-lasting lustrous eyeshadows
- The shade range is from white creams all the way to hot pink
- Overall at least browse the website, I truly love their products so much