Colourpop Where the Light is X Kathleen Lights: Review & Swatches
Have you heard of Kathleen(lights)? She's a gorgeous accomplished youtuber, who I'm sure most if not all of you subscribe to. Earlier on she released a lip combo with Colourpop called Lumiere. Less than two months ago she collaborated again to bring us a neutral set of shadows called: where the light is. It retails for $20 and can only be found here.
The outer box is even stunning, and when the light hits it differently it glows.
The set comes with four individual shadows.
They can't put them in an actual quad because if not tightly closed the formula will dry out.
There are two mattes, and two shimmery shades.
Cornelious: "Mid-tone warm caramel" (Matte)
Glow: "Creamy Vanilla" (Matte)
Kathleenlights: "Bright Golden Copper" (Pearlized)
Blaze: "Coco Bronze Sprinkled with Multi-Dimensional Glitter" (Metallic)
L-R: Blaze, Kathleenlights, Glow, Cornelious
- Bronze with gold glitter, can appear slightly green in some lights
- Best packed on with finger, or else some fallout with a brush
- Warm orange copper, no chunky glitter--only shimmer
- Makes eye colors really stand out
- Does lose it's brightness throughout the day
- Pale matte shade
- Perfect all over the lid for setting primer, or browbone
- Matte warm mid tone brown
- Slightly tricky to blend formula
- Best use is on lower lashline, or blending together lid and crease colors
- If alone on crease it can take some difficulty blending
This is a "yes" product. If you are in-between, I say yes! If you think you don't need it, these are what I like to call a gel formula; this means they can be worn alone, or topped for even more intensity. In general they wear well, no creasing, but some fading. Synthetic brushes or finger tips are best, and I've already hit pan on Glow :)