Maybelline Master Conceal (Fair): Review + Swatch
I recently hauled this, and I my first impressions were not the best; However, like any good blogger I've been testing it out and trying to grasp my real thoughts. I've come to the conclusion it's worth the ~$8 depending on where you get it, and if it is on sale.
I bought the shade fair
Can get only as much product as you want out
One dot, partially blended
- If you're ghost pale like me: this is not a good facial concealer
- Darker than skintone, and slightly more orange
- Great for under the eyes!
- Slight orange undertone helps correct
- Apply before foundation to make it the more natural
- Only use this on the face if the tone matches, and be sure to thoroughly blend
- A little does go a long way
- Very light liquid concealer
- Make sure to set where you apply it
- When I do, no problems with creasing
- Not a super creasing concealer if you don't apply powder after (but please set it)
- Pretty good coverage, especially under the eyes
- Slightly too liquidy to cover areas on the face
- Can blend in too much
- If you have darker skin, this would be a nice highlighting concealer
I do like this concealer, not love but like. I've been reaching for it a lot when I actually think about my makeup, and remember to do this before foundation. If you use this after it can just appear a bit unnatural and orange on the skin's surface. The texture is medium-light, feels thick in one dot but blends nicely.