Sephora Favorites Superstars | Mini reviews, swatches, and true value!
To go along with my video uploading today, I'm posting my review on this new Sephora Favorites set. This is the Superstars edition and it retails for $75. This is especially an amazing gift, or gift to yourself to buy during the Vib sale.
|All the products included|
|Back of set|
List of products included and amounts
|Inside of set|
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (deluxe size, $16)- This is a slightly glorified water, reminds me most of mac fix+. It has a light scent, but the spray can be intense if held too close to the face. Does prime the skin by prepping, but nothing that another primer could do--I can see it being nice for oily skin due to not overly hydrating.
- Makeup Forever Step 1 Equalizer (sample size, $5.76 value)- This is a true hydrating base, it is a actual primer that has a primer feeling (not silicone). Does not fill in pores, or blur skin, but does create an even canvas to work on.
- Beauty Blender (original size, $20)- This is just the original beauty blender, once you try the real thing--nothing compares. It is light, it is bouncy. Run it under water, and gently squeeze the excess out. Then dot around the face to blend in foundation, concealer, highlight, contour, etc.
- Tarte Brush (mini, nothing to compare value to)- This is VERY dense, and when used with a cream it blends away the product beneath it.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight (full size, $22)- This is a pale pink toned cream highlight, it blends very naturally into the skin, but does not build upon itself. It is at full intensity in one layer, and does NOT blend well over powder.
- Tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer in Park Ave Princess (deluxe, $16 value)- This shows up more orange on me, and pulls more red on others. It blends well enough, and looks natural on the skin. The texture is not the creamiest, and seems to set rather quickly. I suggest using something like the beauty blender.
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight (mini, $9.23 value)- This is slightly too dark for my skintone, but I still really like it. It looks so intense, but NATURAL! It blends very easily and just gives that inner glow we all desire.
- Nars Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Himalia (Full size, $29)- This formula can be used wet or dry, when wet there is not tooo much of a difference (here is dry, I'll do a full review post in the future). It is very smooth, blendable, and pure pigment shimmer. It is amazing such an expensive product is full size in this, but I doubt I would EVER pay that much for a single shadow.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Lounge (Full size, $21)- This shadow is gorgeous! It's practically the same to quite a few other brands' versions, but nonetheless amazing. Smooth, pigmented, and an easy one shadow look.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black (Full size, $22)- This is my holy grail eyeliner! I got one in a holiday set last year, and it is still going strong. This is really waterproof, and I find the tip is the easiest (for me) to get an exact even wing.
- Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil Extreme Longwear Eyeliner in Noir Intense (Full size, $23)- Okay this baby has some extreme staying power! The swatch alone took force to remove, and -listen to this- does not smudge or wear away on tightline or waterline with a full day of wear! This has to be the longest wearing eyeliner I own!
- Touch in Sol Stretchex Stretch Lash Effect Mascara (Full size, $24)- This does give some length, but very little volume. It's a great minimalist, natural looking mascara. Haven't tested for wear yet, but it is not waterproof.
- Benefit They're Real! Mascara (Deluxe, $8 value (compared to full size))- Everyone has probably tried this at some point. It gives average length, and pretty good volume. The one thing people tend not to like about this is the fact that it can be a pain to remove. I use an oil based remover, and have no problem.
As a whole...
- Claims to be a $207 value, I calculated it to be $216
- Even better deal than they claim
- Can almost do a full face
- No lip products
- No blush
- No eyeshadow primer
- Variety of products
- Multiple highlighters
- hyped products like primer water
- classics like Stila eyeliner
- No real "dud" products
- Not enthused about Stretchex mascara or tarte contour
- Standout products
- Lancome eyeliner
- Beauty Blender
- Laura Mercier Highlight
Don't think twice. If you want to try a variety of products, I highly recommend this set! If you already have a lot of these products, buy it as a gift for someone you care a lot about (yes, $75 is a lot but the value is REALLY there!).